• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freezing/Resetting

ard

Lurker
Feb 6, 2013
My Samsung Galaxy Stellar is only a few months old. Every since I bought it, it will reset itself randomly. Sometimes in the middle of a phone conversation, and sometimes in the middle of the night when I'm not using it at all. It will freeze, vibrate once, then reset itself. Many times it will say a completely different date and time also, and then it will reset. The other day it turned off and I couldn't get it to come back on for 4 hours. I've tried taking the battery out (multiple times) and the SD card.
HELP! This is very frustrating.

I am on my third Stellar in 4 months. All because of this same problem. The first one wouldn't even let me do a factory reset on it. Great phone---when it works. Sorry for your problem, but glad to see I'm not the only one. :|

Wow! Is there a fix for it? I'm SO glad i founf this thread as I was fixing to buy one- no wonder they're so many on ebay cheap!

Upvote 0
I had a few of those on occasion... random resets.. and another issue where I would start a phone call, it would kind of just sit there, not actually calling anything.. I had to reboot to clear that one. But since I've got the JB update, things have been much more stable.

No other issues.... My uneducated guess is that the phone was released with a somewhat halfbaked 4.0.4 for the device. 4.1.2 came with a slew of updates and may have resolved some of the issues with the stability.

Thing's been rock solid since JB... Once I beat down some wakelock issues that popped up with JB... can't complain at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones