• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Front Camera Extremely Blurry

Godfree

Oct 23, 2014
Hey All,
I was wondering if anyone else has issues with the front camera taking really blurry pictures? Mine look like someone applied a gaussian blur to them.

I feel that my older HTC EVO 3D took much crisper front pictures (also a 1.3M camera). I absolutely love this phone aside from that one quirk, the rear camera is GREAT in comparison.

Can anyone post some pictures from their front camera so I can compare?

Front camera pic... Taken with Camera Awesome! I don't have the stock camera installed, so I can't take one with it.

Attachments

• 1416504781735.jpg
    1416504781735.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 0
Not really, especially not for the front camera. It has independent focus and exposure locking, but that's not available for the front camera. It has lots of post shot tools, but I didn't apply any of those. I know the stock app, you can tap the screen to set the focus point. Did you do that? I don't know if it's available on the front camera...

Upvote 0
Hey All,
I was wondering if anyone else has issues with the front camera taking really blurry pictures? Mine look like someone applied a gaussian blur to them.

I feel that my older HTC EVO 3D took much crisper front pictures (also a 1.3M camera). I absolutely love this phone aside from that one quirk, the rear camera is GREAT in comparison.

Can anyone post some pictures from their front camera so I can compare?

Hey another 3der!
Personally I think the evo 3d has better hardware camera wise than the volt. Or perhaps software.
I don't really know, I just feel like front or back the volt doesn't take great pics.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones