Which do you prefer using? Froyo 2.2 Non-Rooted or Rooted

1. Non-Rooted

45.2%
  2. Rooted

54.8%

Last Updated:

1. eXsoR

eXsoR Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to know how many people are useing froyo non-rooted and rooted.

I'm tyring to diside on what should i do?

I also looking for advice on if i install Froyo Rooted, what can i do with it? and install on it?

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Well, among other things, you can tweak the way the OS handles memory, overclock, run Titanium backup, etc.

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

There are so many extra things that you can do on a rooted Droid that you can't on stock. Titanium backup, WiFi tether, so on and so forth.

4. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

The reason I say rooted is because the FRG01B is giving everyone lag problems. People complain that the home screen takes 15+ sec to load and be ready to be touched. Whether it be because their screens are overloaded or the build is bad, I OC my droid to 800 with the stock kernel, and it runs perfectly! And I think that almost every rooted user can say that OC to 800 isn't much at all.

5. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member Contributor

Rooting was worth it to me, just to be able to turn off those 4 lights on the bottom row when I want to (LEDs hack for root).

6. Infineon

Infineon Member

Rooted FTW!
    I tried the non-rooted, but it was slower, and I couldn't OC or run my other cool root apps

7. eXsoR

eXsoR Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So far Rooted Droid's are wining, not a surprise! I agree with everyone. But like AMTrombley0924 side people are complaining about the home screen lagging and i'm having the same problem. but i don't want to O.C my droid because on the long run it does shorten the life of the phone. I O.C computers and have experience in that field.

I am still waiting for a better OTA to be release to fix the home screen lag because i can't stand it when i use my GPS and it hangs and i get lot because it never refreshed.
    Till then i will wait. :D