• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo 2.2 non-rooted or Rooted

Which do you prefer using? Froyo 2.2 Non-Rooted or Rooted

• Total voters
The reason I say rooted is because the FRG01B is giving everyone lag problems. People complain that the home screen takes 15+ sec to load and be ready to be touched. Whether it be because their screens are overloaded or the build is bad, I OC my droid to 800 with the stock kernel, and it runs perfectly! And I think that almost every rooted user can say that OC to 800 isn't much at all.

Upvote 0
So far Rooted Droid's are wining, not a surprise! I agree with everyone. But like AMTrombley0924 side people are complaining about the home screen lagging and i'm having the same problem. but i don't want to O.C my droid because on the long run it does shorten the life of the phone. I O.C computers and have experience in that field.

I am still waiting for a better OTA to be release to fix the home screen lag because i can't stand it when i use my GPS and it hangs and i get lot because it never refreshed.
Till then i will wait. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones