• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root FroYo niggles

Phileas

Apr 25, 2010
I loaded the DeFrost 1.8 FroYo rom yesterday. I have one or two issues with the web browser.

Firstly there seems to be no way of automatically loading full web pages when a mobile version is available. Edit: I see I can do this by setting the UAString to desktop.

Secondly, web page text doesn't seem to re-flow (is this the correct term?) very efficiently.

Comments anyone?

Just to add another couple of niggles.

There seems to be no 'home' option on the browser. In the Sense browser, it was Menu=>More=>Home.

Also, if I click on a download link (e.g. a PDF), I'm not asked if I want to download the file, I just get redirected to a blank page with "Loading..." in the address bar but nothing seems to happen.

Upvote 0
Getting a user agent option is just a case of typing about:debug in the url bar and then going into settings.

I have problems downloading files, it was a minor niggle but its starting to be a real annoyance now. More often than not the download starts and then fails, I am kindly told that my phone doesn't support this type of file - mp3, pdf, zip, whatever, its all the same.

Using Dolphin seems to fix most of the download problems, but I don't really like Dolphin Browser.

ho hum :|

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones