• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Frozen Launcher Nexie wont boot.

Lifetrax

Lurker
Jun 15, 2012
Hi all

This is my first post so please excuse my ignorance and point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong area. I will try to be as clear as possible.

I have a stock N1 At&T unlocked....

I kept running out of memory (low mem warning) so I rooted my phone.

Using App2sd I moved as many as my apps to sd card ...problem solved.

In an attempt to perhaps gain quicker boots I froze a few apps including the stock launcher as I was using go launcher.. No issues or problems.

However... My problem came when I moved Go launcher to the sd card to gain space....

Now the phone wont boot , it just continually shows the animated "x" nexus logo.

My reasoning is, now the phone cant load the "frozen" stock launcher and cant find Go launcher for booting on the sd card , so It's stuck in a searching cycle.

Question.. Is there a non destructive way to recover from this? I have Titanium Bkup free which I backed up 2 days ago.

If I do a "recovery" will it un root my phone and unfreeze my apps?

I thank you all in advance for your time and your patience in this matter..

I would love your help and advice.

Hi, And welcome to the Android Forums :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here ;)
Also , regarding , the proper place to post ,
taking for granted your device is optimus net and is rooted this is a proper place :)

Regarding the problem,
in root environment , device must be played in a careful way ;) ..
but this problem seems to be one which can be solved as u have recovery installed !!

also,
You should have not frozen the default launcher as it is not in memory the point you use a 3rd party launcher :D ..
also, as far the solution is concerned ,

I think the problem can be solved in many different ways !
but ya i think the problem has 100% solution :D !
If you have a ADB setup done, just install any launcher via adb

"ADB INSTALL path/to/launcher.apk"

if not do let us know,
We can create a zip package that installs a launcher in ur system !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones