• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help frustrated with HTC Sync/Win7 x64

First of all, thanks for placing me in the correct forum (kinda new at this). Heres the case though, I also have a Vista Home Premium 64 bit system that it installed on perfectly. I have heard that it works too with 64 bit Windows 7, but something with xp pro 64 is where the problem is, I believe. I have tried installing setup_3.0.5511 which is the correct one for the Inspire, and is the latest. Problem being that I can't even get it installed. As soon as I start it pops up an error that runtime 11 failed to install and asks if I want to skip it and continue, to which I answer, "yes". Then it tries installing the next piece and gives the same error for HTC Driver Installer 3.0.0.005. Any additional suggestions? I'm very open at this point. Oh, one more thing, this is my office computer at a large company, and I wonder if the security settings may somehow be the cause???

Thx again

Upvote 0
I'm betting HTC Sync doesn't support XP 64-bit...that was an odd-ball OS for sure with lots of driver problems. If you look at the support site, the supported OSn are listed in a very strange way with a totally separate bullet point for "(32/64 bit)" right after all the supported XP OSn. I'm betting XP support is 32-bit only, and everything BELOW that bullet point has 64-bit support as well (but not XP).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones