• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

full body coverage for EVO

IMO, I think the Zagg is not the best screen protector. It gives it a rubbery feel and it also gives the screen an orange peel.

What you want to do is get a screen protector that is a static cling. The ones that doesn't require a solution to apply. These screen protectors are the best and feel like glass.

As for the rest of the body of the phone, the regular body skins are fine. The ones that require solution.

Upvote 0
IMO, i buy 'best skins ever' full body skins for all my electronics - ive had zagg and BSE side by side and they're the same material, same orange peel texture, same rubbery feel...

holds up great (had many over the years for ipod/macbook/psp etc but as MrX above said, it's not everyone's fav for the screen, since it's not crystal clear like the original screen (for that, i pickup a 10 pack from fleabay for $6)

Upvote 0
I have the Zagg Invisibleshield (form Radio Shack). I installed it myself, it was petty simple. It works like a charm. It covers the whole front of the phone (minus the camera and the top earpiece, of course), and it really doesn't take away from the phone looks at all. It protects from smudges, too. I mean, sure, it can get them sometimes, but not nearly (and I really want to stress nearly) as much as just a plain screen.

Function wise, it protects from scratches very well and I can still use the phone as well as without any sort of cover.

As an added bonus, if it ever does scratch (I mean the cover, not the phone, the phone won't) you can peel it off (oh, it won't peel on it's own by the way) and sent it to Zagg and they will send you a new one no questions.

Upvote 0
Pros on zagg:
Sticks to phone after it cures. So if applied right, hard to peel on its own.
Quality thick material.
Lifetime replacement.

Cons:
Solution req to apply (careful around water damage indicators)
Orange peel/rubbery feel (no biggie to me)
Stickyness attracts dust.
Fingerprints more difficult to clean off than static cling protectors.

Also if u go w/ zagg, keep in mind that the "full body" for the EVO only includes screen protector, and back piece protector. I believe u have to get "max protection" to get the top bottom & side bezel pieces.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones