full body coverage for EVO

Last Updated:

1. mreortiz

mreortiz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I stumbled upon this today. I never heard of a clear full body cover skin for cell phones. I'm interested in getting it for my EVO. Anyone already have it? how does it work on the edges? And, was it easy/difficult to install? I've been searching the web for a how-to video but haven't found one.

Advertisement
  2. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

Not sure if the one you saw was from zagg or not but you can go to zagg.com and they have helpful videos on there. I have only used their product before and I loved it. I have read there ate others out there but I know nothing about them. Hope this helps you some.

3. paulrybicki83

paulrybicki83 Active Member

I have the zagg.com screen protector on mine. I love it. Got it at best buy and it was really easy to put on

4. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

One more thing. At my local mall there is a zagg kiosk and they will install them for you and so will best buy.

5. mreortiz

so how does it look on the phone? and how does it feel? Also, is it easy to take off if i want it off? I'm sorry about all the questions.:D

6. mreortiz

which feels better? I want to order one but debating which one to order. Any suggestions?

7. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

IMO, I think the Zagg is not the best screen protector. It gives it a rubbery feel and it also gives the screen an orange peel.

What you want to do is get a screen protector that is a static cling. The ones that doesn't require a solution to apply. These screen protectors are the best and feel like glass.

As for the rest of the body of the phone, the regular body skins are fine. The ones that require solution.

8. tesh

tesh Member

IMO, i buy 'best skins ever' full body skins for all my electronics - ive had zagg and BSE side by side and they're the same material, same orange peel texture, same rubbery feel...

holds up great (had many over the years for ipod/macbook/psp etc but as MrX above said, it's not everyone's fav for the screen, since it's not crystal clear like the original screen (for that, i pickup a 10 pack from fleabay for $6)

9. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

I have Ghost Armor on mine and it's great.

10. mityman50

mityman50 Well-Known Member

I have the Zagg Invisibleshield (form Radio Shack). I installed it myself, it was petty simple. It works like a charm. It covers the whole front of the phone (minus the camera and the top earpiece, of course), and it really doesn't take away from the phone looks at all. It protects from smudges, too. I mean, sure, it can get them sometimes, but not nearly (and I really want to stress nearly) as much as just a plain screen.

Function wise, it protects from scratches very well and I can still use the phone as well as without any sort of cover.

As an added bonus, if it ever does scratch (I mean the cover, not the phone, the phone won't) you can peel it off (oh, it won't peel on it's own by the way) and sent it to Zagg and they will send you a new one no questions.

11. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Well-Known Member

Pros on zagg:
    Sticks to phone after it cures. So if applied right, hard to peel on its own.
    Quality thick material.
    Lifetime replacement.

Cons:
    Solution req to apply (careful around water damage indicators)
    Orange peel/rubbery feel (no biggie to me)
    Stickyness attracts dust.
    Fingerprints more difficult to clean off than static cling protectors.

Also if u go w/ zagg, keep in mind that the "full body" for the EVO only includes screen protector, and back piece protector. I believe u have to get "max protection" to get the top bottom & side bezel pieces.