• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Full Exchange Active Sync

jsward12

Android Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2010
Massachusetts
So I read where the HTC Desire can be purchased as its unlocked. Will this work with ATT 3G? From what I have read it will be compatible on ATT 3g. Also does the Desire support full exchange active sync policies? I read somewhere where HTC has put all the necessary security policies in place versus the N1 that does not support A/S.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I can't comment on the compatibility with ATT 3g. Although when it comes to linking to exchange, the Desire forces you to create a complex password (at least one letter, one number and one symbol) which must be entered each time the phone is unlocked. This is frustrating to say the least! It has personally put me off using Exchange Active Sync on the device all together. I don't see why the policy of the exchange server can't be enforced, or even let you use the unlock pattern. That I wouldn't mind.

Upvote 0
Which is enforcing this though? The exchange server rules or Androids implementation of Exchange support?

It didn't happen on my HTC Hero, the exchange sync (over the air) was brilliant. Now I have the Desire, I have had to switch to using the IMAP settings because unlocking the device using a password was seriously eating into my whole day!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones