• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G1 going haywire

Skyfall

May 25, 2009
OK,this has happened 4 times now and I need to get to the bottom of it...

My G1 worked fine for months after I bought it, but then one day my home button stopped working, my ringtones all changed and the phone stopped receiving incoming calls, the person calling would hear a ring and then it would go to answerphone. So eventually I restored the phone and it fixed the issue.

Then it worked fine for a month or so and happened again, it's strange, the settings on my phone just seem to go haywire, ringtones change to a certain one even if I change it, all sorts of settings are switched off or on when I didn't change them and again the home button stops working completely.

So after that it worked for a week and then did the same again but this time I decided to try installing some apps to see if it was one of those, but after I reset the G1 refused to get past the "android" boot screen no matter what I did, so I had to reset it again.

Now it's worked fine for about 2 weeks and done it again!

I thought maybe it was something to do with a program, but it doesn't seem to me that a program could do all of the things that are going wrong, also this last time I've maybe installed 2 - 5 programs at all so I don't see it being that.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

I can say for sure that it doesn't coincide with the install of any programs/games. I'm almost at the point of throwing it out of the window!

OK,this has happened 4 times now and I need to get to the bottom of it...

My G1 worked fine for months after I bought it, but then one day my home button stopped working, my ringtones all changed and the phone stopped receiving incoming calls, the person calling would hear a ring and then it would go to answerphone. So eventually I restored the phone and it fixed the issue.

Then it worked fine for a month or so and happened again, it's strange, the settings on my phone just seem to go haywire, ringtones change to a certain one even if I change it, all sorts of settings are switched off or on when I didn't change them and again the home button stops working completely.

So after that it worked for a week and then did the same again but this time I decided to try installing some apps to see if it was one of those, but after I reset the G1 refused to get past the "android" boot screen no matter what I did, so I had to reset it again.

Now it's worked fine for about 2 weeks and done it again!

I thought maybe it was something to do with a program, but it doesn't seem to me that a program could do all of the things that are going wrong, also this last time I've maybe installed 2 - 5 programs at all so I don't see it being that.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

I can say for sure that it doesn't coincide with the install of any programs/games. I'm almost at the point of throwing it out of the window!

Sounds like an intermittent hardware failure. You have a One Year Warranty from TMobile ...so i would give them a call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones