• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

G1 won't load or display anything!!

ScourgeV

Lurker
Dec 4, 2009
I have a G1 that will not display anything at all. I will turn it on and the screen will light up but no images emerge no loading at all. When I plug it in to my computer to see if it will mount, it starts to connect then a second later disconnects. If I leave the phone on it stays on the black lit up screen. If anyone has any suggestions pleeeasee help me out. I can't give it to T-mobile so any solution other than that would be appreciated.

Just saw your post.

Try pulling out the battery and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then replce battery and plug in for as long as you can go without turning it on. Turn it on and let it boot up for 5 minutes so it has time for everything to load and settle.

Not sure what to do if that doesnt work. Maybe someone else will post some more ideas.

Upvote 0
Sorry that didnt work for you.

The only other thing I can sugjest is to do a factory reset.

Yes you will have to download all your apps again but they will be listed in the downloads section of the market.

Shut phone down. Power off or remove battery.

Unplug phone.

Replace battery if removed.

Hold home button and power button.

Phone should comeon with G1 screen the triangle with ! in it.

When triangle ! screen appears hold (alt) while clicking (L)

A list should come up.

Click what ever your says to click for a factory reset.

Let us know what happens.

Upvote 0
I tried to do the factory reset but the only thing that happens is my screen comes on but is black. The phone vibrates and the screen lights up but it doesn't go anywhere past that point. If I hold the Home and Power button nothing shows up, but if I hold it long enough I can use the Home and Back button to reboot. I'm guessing its a hardware issue at this point. I was just curious to see if there were any other options to try before I dismantle it or just get a new phone.

Upvote 0
I'm getting a similar kind of thing on my G-1. Sometimes the screen won't come on. If the display times out and I hit menu, it usually come back to life, but sometimes, nothing. I have to hit all the buttons, open / close the slide, hit the buttons, and usually I can get it to come back, but sometimes I have to pull the battery. Sometimes that doesn't even work, and I have to do it a few times. Not good. I may have to try a factory reset.

Have you figured anything out with yours?

Upvote 0
hey bro sorry if im late and u fixed ur problem if so let me know please....i have the same problem where the g1 screen wont show up it vibrates and shows a blank screen lit up...try opening the phone so the keyborad show and trun it on it works for me but when its closed it wont show anything for some reason i was able to get to the recovery menu and everything but when i close the phone it freezes still tryying to figure out why wut rom are u using im on cm 4.2.9.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones