• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy 3 water damaged/battery problems

Rockdude3

Lurker
May 4, 2011
Well I guess there's probably a million of these questions on the forums, but I couldn't seem to find a problem exactly like mine, so I figured I'd ask.

Okay, so I got this Galaxy 3 about 4 months ago now, and it's been working as well as I expected it to... However, one night while it was charging, it fell off the table it was sitting on and hit the floor... The charger is now bent where it plugs into the phone, and the phone itself used to recognise it as USB connection, though it was still wall power. It still charged fine for a while, and about a week after it seemed to recognise it as wall power again.

Anyway, the phone was still functioning fine, until one day I got caught in the rain for about 15 or 20 minutes, some of which I had the phone out. It could be stupid, but I wanted to see if I could get a hold of anyone to save myself :/

So when I got home, the phone was working perfectly fine. There seemed to be no damage after I wiped it dry... The battery meter showed approximately 80% or something, but then about an hour later it said it was low (15%) and so I charged it overnight. Now today, I unplugged it, and it worked fine. It lasted the whole day, until I got home, when it said it was low on battery again, when usually it lasts two or more days.

So I let it go till it shut down, about 10 minutes later, then plugged it into the wall charger. It didn't work. The battery came up, but with the flashing yellow sign that seemed to symbolise a charging problem... I tried turning it on, it turns on and comes up with the status bar, says it's scanning media, then says it's fine to remove the SD card, then shuts down. Even plugging it into USB, it doesn't work. Now it seems it won't turn on at all.

I was wondering what caused it, whether it can be fixed by buying a new battery, or whether my phone is literally broken after a couple of months... I don't understand how the water could've damaged it, but I don't know phones all that well. Thanks in advanced.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones