• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Media Player 4.2 No Volume

Ecbntmkr

Lurker
Feb 18, 2013
Hey! So i own a Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 and i am experiencing some issues with the volume lately. last week the volume rocker and on screen volume adjustment would not work. I have tried shutting it off and turning it back on and then the volume works but only for around 5 minutes. its almost like its on a permanent mute but its not on silent mode. the volume in settings is even turned up all the way. Finally after i got sick of messing around with it i decided to clear all of my data off of it and do a hard reset. it worked just fine for a couple of days but then again today it started doing the same thing. i have no clue what is going on. please help.

If it ends up being a hardware failure and you do deem it not worth fixing, a work around would be using the OS to control the volume. I've noticed many apps that use audio have a speaker icon which brings up the volume adjustment screen which you can use with your finger. Also have the settings you can go into to control the volume. It's obviously not nearly as convenient as the side adjustments, but makes the player usable.

Upvote 0
My bad, sorry. I just re-read your post and noticed you mentioned that.

Does every form of audio fail? Speakers, earphones and bluetooth streaming? If bluetooth streaming still worked that might point to a hardware problem like a loose board or bad wire.

Do you use bluetooth to listen to audio? Probably a long shot - but I have a headset that when I unplug it from the charger it powers up and connects to my player which takes over most of the audio. It baffled me till I realized bluetooth was connected and realized my headset had took over.

Any recently installed app that might take over audio?

I hope you get it working.

Upvote 0
I dont use bluetooth so I dont know, as far as earphones I didnt check. I think it is softwate relatrd though because in the settings all the volumes are lowed to nothing amd it wont let you raise them.(the slider adjustment just slides back on its own) it has only happened to me a few times and not in a week or so. So at this point it is not a big deal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones