• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note GT-9000 Battery Usage - replacing with Windows phone

chrismorris

Lurker
May 16, 2013
Hi,

I've found this forum very useful in the past - thanks very much - and just thought I'd say goodbye and explain the reason.

I've had 4 Android phones (Samsung) since the first Galaxy S and am now on a Galaxy Note. 2 weeks ago I got a message to upgrade to JellyBean 4.1.2 and I accepted. Since then the various Download Manager and Media Storage apps have been chewing away at my battery like there was no tomorrow. It won't last more than 3 or 4 hours whcih is useless to me as I need it all the time for business. II bought extra batteries in case it was a dead cell or burnt out battery - it wasn't. I contacted Samsung and they weren''t interested as I'd purchased in 'import' - like it wasn't a Samsung. The last straw was when I read all the posts about people having similar issues for months, certainly before i got the upgrade, and years even if you consider the Media Server issues that appeared to be around in earlier Android versions. And neither Google nor Samsung have even come out with an official acknowledgement that I have seen. So between them they have pissed me off enough to dump my $900 investment and buy a Nokia Lumia 520 for $279 (I'm not paying big bucks in this space any more either). Nokia have always been a good phone and say what you like about Microsoft (and I have) but they have never put anything out that wrecked people's computers with no attempt to fix or acknowledge.

cheers and good luck

chris

Oh good luck,you will need it,I got a Windows phone for cheap,just too see what it's like. It's absolutely shite!! The app store sucks,the music player doesn't have an equalizer(if you were on android,you would just download one,but on windows,there is nothing),and the whole thing just looks weird too use...

The whole software just looks really boring..and you can't do much with it,also I am unable too get all the apps I use on my android,so I can't ever see someone that's used android,switching over too windows!

btw,the actual phone is great,it's just the software that's bad.......Nokia are gonna die soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones