• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxy note GT N7000 - Can I put Kit kat on this rooted phone ?

mikey3073

Lurker
Jan 28, 2014
Hi all.
Excuse me but I'm quite new to this stuff. I've just updated CWM to 6.3.4 (might have number wrong)
I've downloaded a zip version (no boot loader I believe) of kit kat but it appears to be for galaxy note 3 n9000. Do I risk bricking my phone if I try to load this version ?
Is there a specific version for the 7000 ?

DONOT ATTEMPT IT!

You will at best "soft brick" your phone and at worse turn it into an irretrievable shiny paperweight by hard bricking it. I cannot stress that jumping in without much knowledge is the fast way to destroying a phone when it comes to flashing ROMs. With a little reading and question asking (the only idiotic question is the one not asked), it is easy.

Much better to read up some and then when you've decided your up for trying to flash a custom ROM on it (and yes there is a KitKat ROM for a GT N7000 out there - try Googling GT N7000 OmniRom).

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Thanx for the prompt reply, I had looked but now I know the proper search term I'll give it a go, fyi. I have previously installed Jelly Bean (4.1.2) from ICS (4.0.2) without too much of a problem, just a bit of a large curve for me. :thinking: I just find the general phone quite sluggish, I've got Titanium Backup and have frozen/removed a lot of the bloataware, but i'm still not loads better off. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones