• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy note won't update, and now won't even start. Help please!

ChinaSammy

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My Samsung note was updated from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich using Samsung Kies. Then rooted and put on the Franco kernel. That's when the problems started: lag city! It couldn't even play fruit ninja or noogra nuts. Everything was slow. subsequent updates wouldn't work. Every few hours it would remind me, and I would click dismiss.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I've also been using an aftermarket battery. When the battery would get low, screen would activate all pixels and go very bright. At this point I would have to hold down the power button. Anyway, the last time I did this was the last time the phone was on. When I try to start the phone it gets to the Samsung bit after the opening flash intro, and the Samsung just glows and blinks. I've tried many times but it doesn't work. If left in the state, it gets very hot and will Drain the battery very quickly.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am able to get to the clockwork mod recovery. What shall I do from here? I see there's an option to backup, but how would I restore from and what all my data be there? I have some really important data on the phone that I'm hoping to recover. In fact some of that data is worth several hundred dollars, because it's my proof for my friend who was defrauded by a ticketing agent. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your help would be really appreciated everyone![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Reactions: miloud

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones