galaxy S 2 is now official

Last Updated:

1. cool_kyle_3000

cool_kyle_3000 Active Member

Samsung Galaxy S II official: dual-core 1GHz CPU, 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus, coming this month (hands-on with video) -- Engadget

After reading the article is seems to be a wicked phone. Like some of you here after owing the captivate it will have to be REALLY good to keep me with samsung cause im already sold on the infuse 4g. This quote is nice, "Though we still prefer the stock Android experience, TouchWiz 4.0 (as it's being called) on top of Gingerbread is clearly Samsung's most refined custom Android skin to date."
    I will have to play with it and see. Hope it comes to ATT as that is the only major carrier in Alaska.

Advertisement
  2. bdubbs

bdubbs Active Member

Too big.
  3. shark974

shark974 Well-Known Member

my next phone

btw this is very old news, why did you post it 3 weeks late?
  4. msueagles2010

msueagles2010 Well-Known Member

Very nice.
  5. locsplitter

locsplitter Active Member

6. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

7. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

8. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Can't wait till 3 days after the phone is released. Then I'll be able to see if all that's advertised actually works.
  9. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Same, can't wait.

And the best part is that a the phone will be up to date for a long time. Samsung made sure to include stuff that is ahead of the standard, so the phone will be top of the line for awhile.
  10. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

The best part is being able to buy it unsubsidized, unlocked, unbranded
  11. phantomatech

phantomatech Active Member

it looks really nice! :)
  12. DaMajorPayne

DaMajorPayne Active Member

"But does it have hdmi?"
  13. fldude99

fldude99 Well-Known Member

^^^I remember reading that it does have HDMI out
  14. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

wtf?

X10 mini user in captivate forum?
  15. FikSix

FikSix Member

Sick specs, would expect nothing less from Samsung. BUT!!!, I don't think I can deal with another Samsung phone. The problem with my cappy were so frustrating, I still can get 2.2! It is sad cuz that phone looks like a beast.
  16. cool_kyle_3000

cool_kyle_3000 Active Member

im sad they ditched the 4.5 inch screen :( I hope it is made like the htc infuse where the screen goes to the edge of the phone. That phone is only as big as its screen. Samsung is a big phone compared to its screen size
  17. LMaxwell

LMaxwell Well-Known Member

I see one thing wrong with this phone. About 7 seconds into the video, when he flips it over, there's a line of text across the bottom of the phone. It says SAMSUNG. Worst feature ever.