• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S Plus, so many questions...

Where to start...I've just bought the S Plus and it's the first Android I've had.
I opened up a gmail account and populated the Google contacts on my laptop and transferred them onto the Galaxy. Is there no way to get rid of the contact headers that I'm not using. All my contacts come under the 'Google (my gmail account)' header, and none under the 'Phone' one?

Is it possible to clean up the app list, I've got 2.5 pages of them straight out the box, can I put all the one's I'm unlikely to use much, if at all, in a single file/folder, controlled by one icon, or is it easier just to delete them?

How do I find out what version of apps I've got and if there are updates available?

Does the operating system self update, it is Gingerbread (2.3.3)?

Thanks in advance, more q's to come later.

So you have a new S plus like me? It is now just 2 weeks old... Great phone!

Yes there are a lots of Apps installed within this Samsung. And yes you can delete tehese... But only if you have rooted the phone! Otherwise this will not be possible.

I am going to root the phone in the next few weeks. First I should install Samsung Kies and make this running so you can backup your data!

Good luck with this great phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones