Galaxy S2 2.3.4 - Who's got it?General

Last Updated:

1. SilverDroid

SilverDroid Well-Known Member

Titanium backup. Sorry again. Lack of sleep.... :eek:

Advertisement
  2. mystvearn

mystvearn Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info, but titanium requires a rooted phone for it to work. :rolleyes:
  3. SilverDroid

Just root, its simple
  4. mystvearn

but if you root-do you loose your data?
  5. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

6. mystvearn

I can confirm that if you upgrade using Kies you will not loose your data (including save game progress) provided you back up everything. So all's well here. Still stuck on 2.3.3 though. Looks like I'll just wait for 2.3.4 to come. It will come eventually.
  7. chiefroastbeef

chiefroastbeef Well-Known Member

I am just going to wait too, I'm not sure how strict my HK provider is in providing warranty for rooted devices.
  8. steslatt

You dont need to be rooted to update.
  9. chiefroastbeef

chiefroastbeef Well-Known Member

Wait I don't need to root to update to the leaked 2.3.4? I would LOVE to root, so I can freeze all the pointless apps, I will wait a little longer to make sure my phone works okay, since I still have a 7 day return period with my service provider.
  10. steslatt

No you dont need root, just follow the guide in post #8
    chiefroastbeef likes this.
  11. patrat7

patrat7 Active Member

so has everyone been flashing with the kf2 unsecure kernal to root? sorry if this has already been said just want definate confimation
  12. steslatt

13. patrat7

patrat7 Active Member

oh jokes, just saw the cf4 mod for kg1 =)
  14. androidexpat

androidexpat Well-Known Member

After this update is wifi and 3G reception any better?
  15. SilverDroid

Wifi is better and stronger on 2.3.4
  16. patrat7

patrat7 Active Member

hows everyones batter life, just downloading files now and gonna flash soon
  17. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Did the update yesterday. Couple of things I've noticed - first is that overall battery is better, but seems to drop faster with WiFi that before.

Basically, I've been out all day with WiFi off and battery has been better than previously. Home and WiFi on since 5pm or so and the drop seems to have been quicker than before with WiFi. Guess they have made WiFi better for signal at the expense of battery there. Or could just be me getting the wrong feeling.

Second thing - a couple of apps I had previously aren't showing in the market for me now. And the web market say they aren't compatible with my device now. They are the Pro key for Astro File Manager and the paid version of Root Uninstaller Pro.
  18. coalabear87

coalabear87 New Member

after i update to 2.3.4, i found that my browser do not support flash player... did anyone face this problem?
  19. SilverDroid

I have no problems here at all, though some users on XDA have reported the same problem as you.
  20. scoopsy

scoopsy Member

Has anyone else been able to download the firmware from this link?

Link

Every time i download it, i get an incorrect password when extracting?

Is there an alternate down link?
  21. androidexpat

androidexpat Well-Known Member

So you find wifi to be even worse now??:eek:
  22. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Update seems fine so far, Galaxy On Fire 2 (Tegra version) now working with no graphics glitches so it's fixed something.

To early to comment on battery life, GPS seemed better at first getting a lock very quickly however it's back to normal now, very hit and miss, need a few more days with it.

CF-Root is not the only option, somebody else has provided insecure kernels for each firmware, just flash then use superoneclick to root and reflash orginal kernel.

Forget the persons name, both on xda forum though.
  23. lob

lob Well-Known Member

With the Nvidia Chainfire 3D plugin, right?
  24. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Yep, with nvidia plugin, with 2.3.3 there are graphics issues.
  25. SilverDroid

password is samfirmware.com