• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S2 : change Screensaver, open screen?

Thanks for all contributors.

I think most people have the problem to get rid of the wallpaper *at all*. They don't want a gallery picture or other pictures, they like me just want to get rid of the screen all together.

Why is there a reason I should wipe away something when I start the Galaxy? I want to get straight to the apps, where is the clock, the weather and everything you need.

We don't need any security step in between.

Any hint about getting rid of the screen?

Thanks,
Dani

Although Android is universal, between manufactuers there are differences & tweaks. I'm still used to my X10, however, I do prefer the Samsung but find myself wanting things that I set up on the x10 and one of them is the 'swipe to open' (screen lock) and wake the screen as I hated the moving of the picture - thought it was naff and the only thing I dislike of the Samsung! lol (great phone if thats all i have to maon about)! To get the swipe/ wake screen format I downloaded a free app called 'LockBot' which has loads of unlocking screen types from Apply through all the android version up until ICS (the pro version has all these) can't rmember what few the free version has now).

Perhaps this answers the wake phone, photo swipe thing that everyone is on about?

PS. haven't read messages below and apologies if I've repeated (too lazy to scroll now that I typed this lol).

Upvote 0
I have a question related to this. I wanna change lock screen picture and I know where and how, my problme is that my only options are "camera", a picture from a media folder (music) and a picture from WhatsApp. I've tried copying a picture from my computer into various folders so I can use is as lock screen pic, but I can't seem too be able to. Where hall I put the pic and how do I access it?

Upvote 0
I have a (maybe) small( hopefully not big) problem...
My daughter was watching the picture slide show on my phone (you know the pages after the unlock screen) after the news one you have one where you can add pictures and it creates a slide show with all the pictures... anyway she deleted (because it's not there anymore)that part by accident the page is still there but it's empty the picture slide show is gone. Can anyone help me with some tips how to get it back??
I know it's a long story I wanted to mention it all as accurate as possible.
thx for the help!
Jay

Upvote 0
I have a question related to this. I wanna change lock screen picture and I know where and how, my problme is that my only options are "camera", a picture from a media folder (music) and a picture from WhatsApp. I've tried copying a picture from my computer into various folders so I can use is as lock screen pic, but I can't seem too be able to. Where hall I put the pic and how do I access it?

The gallery will show all the pictures regardless of folders in the phone itself. (Unless its hidden or placed in a folder with a "." as the start name of folder).

First, try to place all the pics / wallpapers you want to use in a folder (say wallpaper) in the USB phone memory or SD card. You can try refreshing the gallery after that to make sure the folder can be viewed in the gallery. Then go to that particular picture you want, long press on it, then choose "set as". Should have a lock screen option there.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I have a (maybe) small( hopefully not big) problem...
My daughter was watching the picture slide show on my phone (you know the pages after the unlock screen) after the news one you have one where you can add pictures and it creates a slide show with all the pictures... anyway she deleted (because it's not there anymore)that part by accident the page is still there but it's empty the picture slide show is gone. Can anyone help me with some tips how to get it back??
I know it's a long story I wanted to mention it all as accurate as possible.
thx for the help!
Jay

Is all the pictures gone (From the gallery / phone memory) or just pictures from the widget? If its just a widget issue, just long press on it and redo the settings. You should have option to select from where (folders) it gets the pictures for scrolling from. You can also delete and add back the widget if you have to.

Where are the pictures kept? If its in a microSD card, try rebooting the phone and force the phone and widget to rescan the card. Maybe it got unmounted or there is an error there.

BUT If pictures from the gallery is still gone, then might not be able to help you. You could try some recovery software.

Regards

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones