• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 - CoPilot sat nav

My Galaxy works perfectly with the BLuetooth link to the Ford Audio system in my Grand C-Max. However I am wanting the voice directions of the Sat Nav application to come over the radio too via the Bluetooth link. Is this possible? In fact I haven't been able to have the voice directions relayed to my bluetooth headset.

Has anyone been able to hear the Sat Nav voice directions on anything but the internal speaker. I am missing something and being stupid?

Ascii

Upvote 0
If you set up an A2DP (music streaming) connection, the CoPilot voice should come over the car speakers. At least that's the way it's worked for me in the past with the WinMo version of CoPilot.

However, if you set up the A2DP connection, you won't be able to listen to the radio, but you can stream music from your SGS2, and CoPilot should cut in as needed.

Upvote 0
Hi All
Question for anyone using Copilot Live.
Does anyone know how to set it up so that it says turn right onto xxxROADNAMExxx
Mine does turn right but nothing else. i am sure that i had this working on it at some point but might be mistaken, cant seem to find this one in the settings. It does it on the wifes iPhone which is a bit wierd.
Lee

Upvote 0
Can anyone using Copilot on their SG2 help?

I have it installed - working fine - even get satellites indoors, when my TomTom struggles!

The problem I have is when I use it in the car, the screen keeps turning off.

Does anyone know what settings to change to keep the SG2 screen on all the time Copilot is running? I have looked at all settings in Copilot and cant find anything that helps.

I am running it in the car whilst charging but I don't have the Samsung vehicle dock kit.

Thanks in advance for any help offered

JellyW

Upvote 0
It sounds like the screen is timing out. You could look for apps in the google play to stop screen time out. I have widgetsoid which gives me an icon to toggle the "Screen On" all the time if necessary. You could use that too, but its meant for a lot of things and its not very intuitive and if the only thing you want is a screen on toggle, might be simpler looking for a more straightforward app.

Cheers

Reactions: jellywobbles
Upvote 0
It sounds like the screen is timing out. You could look for apps in the google play to stop screen time out. I have widgetsoid which gives me an icon to toggle the "Screen On" all the time if necessary. You could use that too, but its meant for a lot of things and its not very intuitive and if the only thing you want is a screen on toggle, might be simpler looking for a more straightforward app.

Cheers

Looks like it can be sorted via CoPilot's Settings dialog. Under Power Saving, select "Always on" for the backlight option.

Tried this & it seems to be OK. Thanks for taking the time to reply ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones