• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

galaxy s2 screen wont lock

youngfour

Lurker
Feb 21, 2013
I recently purchased a att galaxy s2 model number sgh-i777 from Craigslist and I use it for T-Mobile. My problem is after I put my sim in it and began toying around I realized my lock screen doesn't work. I called Samsung, att, and tmobile and no one can help me because they can't trace my serial number. They say my phone may be from overseas. Also the last couple days my power button became very sensitive. The phone was in the box brand new when I purchased it. Somebody please help!

I recently purchased a att galaxy s2 model number sgh-i777 from Craigslist and I use it for T-Mobile. My problem is after I put my sim in it and began toying around I realized my lock screen doesn't work. I called Samsung, att, and tmobile and no one can help me because they can't trace my serial number. They say my phone may be from overseas. Also the last couple days my power button became very sensitive. The phone was in the box brand new when I purchased it. Somebody please help!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!

if it is an international phone wouldn't the model # be different? that is weird that att can't do anything. i have never owned a samsung device so i can't be of much help there. there has got to be a way to do a factory reset without having the phone booted up. something like odin?

this one reason why i'm very cautious about buying phones off of craigslist.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones