• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Galaxy S20 Accessories: Cases, Chargers, and More!

I has goodies coming...
View attachment 148267

I love my current car mount, but, the metal plate on the back of the phone is a no go for wireless charging. :( So, if I have to get a new mount, may as well get a wireless fast charging one.

I feel like I am a Cheotech cheerleader, lol. I mean, they are a (cheap-ish) chinease brand, but they are very highly reviewed, and their stuff is cheap and quality.

I have 8 things from them already, lol

Upvote 0
hahahaha
MVIMG_20200229_171024.jpg

Reactions: J_Hansen
Upvote 0
Ordered the Spigen Credit card case..basically the Tough Armor with the card slots.
Nice! Posta case/accessory thread about once you get it!
I got the Ravpower dual port car charger 3 weeks ago..does ANYBODY have the 1 TB micro sd card yet??
Love that little car charger (i already had an 18w one). I *almost* bought the 1tb. But 250ish was a stretch. I'd much rather get the faster 128/256 Extreme Pro, but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet either.
But I think it is essential. Not that I will be doing a ton of 8k recording, but you could fill up a 128gb phone in what, a few minutes, haha. I definitely need a card in this. ANd it has to be fast or it will not be able to handle 8k recording or playback.

Reactions: R=G and olbriar
Upvote 0
I didn't see the PowerPie mentioned, I got one yesterday and im loving it so far.
I have the Note 10 plus 5G but it obviously works for the S20 series as well, I did post the below in the Note 10 forums but in case you don't check there, have a look at this beast and see my own little test/review :)

https://elecjet.com/collections/pow...-fast-charging-powerpie-x-20000mah-power-bank

Got to try this thing out for the first time this morning.
I let the Note 10 plus drain until it turned itself off in a final death cramp of a vibration ;-)
Using the short usb-c to usb-c cable that came with the PowerPie I plugged it in.
I had already charged the PowerPie fully using the official Samsung 45 Watt charger.
Here is what I got at first attempt on my 5 months old Note 10 plus 5G from 0%
7 min - 14%
9 min - 22%
12 min - 30 %
20 min - 47%
30 min - 66% (I've seen claims of 69% but I find 66% perfectly acceptable)
40 min 83%
47 min 90%
1 hour - 96%
1.05 - 100%

Considering that this is a powerbank, not a wall charger I find it a VERY GOOD result.
The PowerPie is still showing 3 of the 4 LED's so it is so far so good with hoping to get 4 full charges plus a bit but I'll report back on that later.

Upvote 0
I didn't see the PowerPie mentioned, I got one yesterday and im loving it so far.
I have the Note 10 plus 5G but it obviously works for the S20 series as well, I did post the below in the Note 10 forums but in case you don't check there, have a look at this beast and see my own little test/review :)

https://elecjet.com/collections/pow...-fast-charging-powerpie-x-20000mah-power-bank

Got to try this thing out for the first time this morning.
I let the Note 10 plus drain until it turned itself off in a final death cramp of a vibration ;-)
Using the short usb-c to usb-c cable that came with the PowerPie I plugged it in.
I had already charged the PowerPie fully using the official Samsung 45 Watt charger.
Here is what I got at first attempt on my 5 months old Note 10 plus 5G from 0%
7 min - 14%
9 min - 22%
12 min - 30 %
20 min - 47%
30 min - 66% (I've seen claims of 69% but I find 66% perfectly acceptable)
40 min 83%
47 min 90%
1 hour - 96%
1.05 - 100%

Considering that this is a powerbank, not a wall charger I find it a VERY GOOD result.
The PowerPie is still showing 3 of the 4 LED's so it is so far so good with hoping to get 4 full charges plus a bit but I'll report back on that later.

DAMN 45w output! That's insane!! I finally ditched my (non-fast) 20,000mah one. Was just to big to want to carry around all the time. Love the 10,000 slim ones SOO much more. Def needs to be fast charge though.

Reactions: J_Hansen
Upvote 0
DAMN 45w output! That's insane!! I finally ditched my (non-fast) 20,000mah one. Was just to big to want to carry around all the time. Love the 10,000 slim ones SOO much more. Def needs to be fast charge though.

It's not to big but maybe a little heavy to carry around every day unless you carry a backpack or gym bag with you.
I'm liking it a lot so far anyway, the fact that it's possible to not be near a power socket for a couple of days or more and still have super fast charging, it just rocks :)

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
It's not to big but maybe a little heavy to carry around every day unless you carry a backpack or gym bag with you.
I'm liking it a lot so far anyway, the fact that it's possible to not be near a power socket for a couple of days or more and still have super fast charging, it just rocks :)

I feel ya... SInce the 10 gives me a solid 2 full charges I've been fine in my travels. Obviously having chances to charge up every night is key. If I was say, camping or hiking, I would definitely appreciate a 20,000. Super awesome it actually does 'real' fast charging.

Upvote 0
I feel ya... SInce the 10 gives me a solid 2 full charges I've been fine in my travels. Obviously having chances to charge up every night is key. If I was say, camping or hiking, I would definitely appreciate a 20,000. Super awesome it actually does 'real' fast charging.
I got the wireless charger, and it is kick ass. My thing with having the wireless charging is, I'm always charged. I keep meaning to write up a review of the protable wireless charger, but I toss the phone on it and I'm at 98% already because a) the phone sips battery and b) it is so easy to plop the phone on something that will charge it wirelessly that I'm always 90% plus. I'm sure that will change as winter inevitably turns to spring and I'm not pinned indoors as much.

Upvote 0
I got the wireless charger, and it is kick ass. My thing with having the wireless charging is, I'm always charged. I keep meaning to write up a review of the protable wireless charger, but I toss the phone on it and I'm at 98% already because a) the phone sips battery and b) it is so easy to plop the phone on something that will charge it wirelessly that I'm always 90% plus. I'm sure that will change as winter inevitably turns to spring and I'm not pinned indoors as much.
For sure. Going to leave wireless one more for emergencies.
Nice collection there, you're even worse than I am with accessories lol
Ha! Some of those are only for testing! I swear!! Not usually this bad.
Yea, good point! Nice to share this kind of information.

Thanks! Feel free to share the thread on your social channels :)

Upvote 0
so the wireless 15w 2.0 charger is still the fastest.
no rumors of a quicker version for the 20 family?

S20 lineup can only handle 15w wireless charging. This is a hardware limitation as far as I know. You can of course charge *wired* at 25w which is insanely fast.

Upvote 0
Ok thanks.. Curious question anyone know if anything similar to this product exist for Android or more specifically Samsung products.. I always wonder why people aren't making unique stuff for anything but apple. Sure it's a more closed design language but Samsung should have enough devices sold for something similar to be made..
I'd love a Docking station that could hold Galaxy Phone, Galaxy watch and tabs6..

Attachments

• Docking-Station-with-QI-Wireless-Charger-UD15-Black-23082019-01.jpg
    Docking-Station-with-QI-Wireless-Charger-UD15-Black-23082019-01.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
Ok thanks.. Curious question anyone know if anything similar to this product exist for Android or more specifically Samsung products.. I always wonder why people aren't making unique stuff for anything but apple. Sure it's a more closed design language but Samsung should have enough devices sold for something similar to be made..
I'd love a Docking station that could hold Galaxy Phone, Galaxy watch and tabs6..

Unfortunately those niche items usually only come out for apple because of their limited style. And while I dislike apple, I'm not knocking them (right now). With one phone (essentially) 1 watch, etc, stands like that can sell in the millions. With each andoid watch being different, each phone being different, accessory makers don't get to creative (imo).

Best I've found is dual/triple wireless chargers that can do phone, buds, and something else wireless at same time. But in a generic way.

Upvote 0
Hi again,

For the Galaxy S20 is it better to get a USB-C charger like the Anker PowerDrive III Duo or a QuickCharge 3.0 charger like the Anker PowerDrive Speed 2 or Aukey CC-T8? I read that QuickCharge 3 might be a bit faster even though it has the older USB-A connector? Is QC 3 also better for battery health because of how it works and the fact that it’s made specifically for the Qualcomm chip in the S20?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi again,

For the Galaxy S20 is it better to get a USB-C charger like the Anker PowerDrive III Duo or a QuickCharge 3.0 charger like the Anker PowerDrive Speed 2 or Aukey CC-T8? I read that QuickCharge 3 might be a bit faster even though it has the older USB-A connector? Is QC 3 also better for battery health because of how it works and the fact that it’s made specifically for the Qualcomm chip in the S20?

Thanks!

I don't think it much matters, I only worry about output. Phone can handle 25w wired charging, though I've only got 'super fast charging' from ssamsung cords.

Upvote 0
Tripod, Selfie Stick, Lenses, Frame for phone, Bluetooth trigger, Selfie Light and lens cloth for $24.99. In the BoingBoingShop.

I had to take my case off to use the Binocular replaced by Telescope lens.

The tripod is cool for use next to your monitor. If i ever get a clear day off I'll try all the lenses.

Here's a sample of Telescope:

image sharing sites

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones