• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 by Videotron doesn't boot up!

zimo312

Lurker
May 16, 2013
Hi everyone,

So I've had many problems with my phone (Galaxy S3 by Videotron) ever since I rooted it (5 days ago). It started by simply turning off on its own and taking a lot of time to boot back up. Today, it started doing bizarre things: for instance it wouldn't boot at all unless I tried many many times (it would get stuck at the Samsung logo). Also, when I managed to boot it, the touchscreen wouldn't work very well when I used the keyboard (i.e. if I pressed 'a', it would press 'n' for example and so forth).
So I decided I wanted to master reset it, but whenever I restarted the phone to get into recovery mode, I managed to get there but once it got stuck on the android icon. So I took off the battery and ever since began my huge problems. After that I just couldn't get it to boot back up (always getting stuck at the samsung logo). So I had to take off and replace the battery many times, and now there is absolutely nothing that makes it even get to the samsung logo. I tried the download mode, recovery mode, plugging it on the computer, taking off the battery and plugging the USB: absolutely nothing helps, it's as if the phone is just dead. At this point I have lost any hope If anyone has a suggestion on what I could do, I would be super grateful! And if it is impossible to get it back to work, please let me know also so I don't get any hopes.

TL;DR: Phone doesn't boot at all: nothing shows up when I try to boot it, even in recovery mode and download mode. Same thing if I try to plug it to a computer.

Thanks a lot

PS. Forgot to mention, the phone was charged before it stopped working.

So I took off the battery and ever since began my huge problems. After that I just couldn't get it to boot back up (always getting stuck at the samsung logo). So I had to take off and replace the battery many times, and now there is absolutely nothing that makes it even get to the samsung logo.
PS. Forgot to mention, the phone was charged before it stopped working.

Just going through some preliminary t/s steps here so bare with me...

Are you 100% certain that the battery is properly inserted? Take it out and ensure the copper strips match up and there there's no debris on the connections. you might want to take out any sd card if there is one just to eliminate that variable.

I've found that many times when I have a serious issue the phone appears to be off when it's actually on. It's just that there are no light indicators and nothing onscreen to tell you it's on.

Hold the power button down for at least 10 seconds. Are you getting a short vibrate?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Just going through some preliminary t/s steps here so bare with me...

Are you 100% certain that the battery is properly inserted? Take it out and ensure the copper strips match up and there there's no debris on the connections. you might want to take out any sd card if there is one just to eliminate that variable.

I've found that many times when I have a serious issue the phone appears to be off when it's actually on. It's just that there are no light indicators and nothing onscreen to tell you it's on.

Hold the power button down for at least 10 seconds. Are you getting a short vibrate?
Hi and thanks a lot for your help!

I tried what you suggested for the battery and it doesn't seem to work either :S
The holding of the power button (even while holding volume up or down+home button+power button) doesn't produce any vibration unfortunately :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones