• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 won't turn on! HELP me.

GalaxySixLord

Lurker
Jun 21, 2016
Okay,i was using Heimdall to restore my S3 SGH-I747 to stock 4.3,and i had an issue.
My Phone turned on,and it showed the android recovery symbol with the bar,then Just shut off.
i plugged it in and Nothing. then i take the battery out and plug it in,then there was a Red Light. i insert my battery and then that light stayed for a few seconds,no charging graphic or any logos,and then it went away.
i held the power button,no vibration,no samsung logo,no nothing,it just stayed there. i tried both download mode and recovery mode,nothing still. PLEASE Help ME SO! i AM SO CONFUSED :thinking:.
i just want my S3 to work :( but if something works i'll be happy :thumbsupdroid:.

PLEASE HELP ME :\

If you put in a charged battery and try to turn it on and you do not get a reaction from the phone, blue LED, vibration or sound, the motherboard is toast.
Lots of replacement parts are available and it is easy to change if you want to do it yourself.
here are images to indicate what happened (Any image supplied not mine):
It showed the boot logo:
stock.png

And this happened after i flashed thru odin/heimdall.
odin3.png

Then a recovery logo appeared after the bootlogo,like this.
IMG_20141223_232321-600x450.jpg

Then the screen turned black,like so:
Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Problems-52.jpg

I got these images off google;
There was a red light when it was plugged in with NO battery in it,and when i inserted a battery,it was like the above photo of the S3's red light. I don't think it's the motherboard. i think it is the bootloader or something like so.

Upvote 0
What was your previous Android version before you flashed 4.3 stock?
If you were 4.3 or lower, it should have flashed ok.
Current released version for the i747 is 4.4.2 NJ2. AT&T doesn't release its firmware so not much stock Odin files available. The 4.3 that you can find is a leaked version.
If you were on 4.4.2 and flashed 4.3, there is a good chance it hard bricked. No LED, no vibration, no sound when you try to turn it on.
If that is the case, you might can find a J-Tag service that can resurrect it.
It will probably cost about the same as buying a used motherboard.
Since you cannot boot into download mode or recovery mode, not much else you can do.

Upvote 0
What was your previous Android version before you flashed 4.3 stock?
If you were 4.3 or lower, it should have flashed ok.
Current released version for the i747 is 4.4.2 NJ2. AT&T doesn't release its firmware so not much stock Odin files available. The 4.3 that you can find is a leaked version.
If you were on 4.4.2 and flashed 4.3, there is a good chance it hard bricked. No LED, no vibration, no sound when you try to turn it on.
If that is the case, you might can find a J-Tag service that can resurrect it.
It will probably cost about the same as buying a used motherboard.
Since you cannot boot into download mode or recovery mode, not much else you can do.
I had 4.1.2 before i flashed the 4.3 stock rom,but what if it was a bad rom,like from somebody who is shady or malicious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones