• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Galaxy S4 - How do you turn off screen wake upon receiving text message - T-Mobile

I'm trying to find an option in either the stock messaging app APK or build.prop that will keep the screen from walking up when I receive a SMS/MMS. Can anyone please give me some direction as to where to look?

P.S. Please don't tell me "just to go into the messaging settings and uncheck some turn off screen wake option..." T-Mobile doesn't offer that feature in their version of messaging app.

Thanks for your help!

-Nathan
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
Android 4.4.2 Stock Rooted
Baseband Version M919UVUFNB4
Using ROM Toolbox Pro

I'm trying to find an option in either the stock messaging app APK or build.prop that will keep the screen from walking up when I receive a SMS/MMS. Can anyone please give me some direction as to where to look?

P.S. Please don't tell me "just to go into the messaging settings and uncheck some turn off screen wake option..." T-Mobile doesn't offer that feature in their version of messaging app.

Thanks for your help!

-Nathan
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
Android 4.4.2 Stock Rooted
Baseband Version M919UVUFNB4
Using ROM Toolbox Pro

Have you tried using xposed with wanam

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones