• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S4 Mini car bluetooth problems

alex15988

Lurker
Feb 19, 2013
Hey guys,

My sister has a problem with her s4 mini. When she connects it to the car bluetooth(factory or aftermarket) it does this weird thing. It shows that it's paired, and once it does, it acts like it's on a phone call(the car stars a call timer), and you even hear that buzzing in the speakers like it's on a call. When you actually make a call though, only the phone speaker works.
She noticed the problem in her Mitsubishi ASX. And just to confirm that it's not the car's fault, i tried it in my car on a Clarion CZ501 and it does the exact same thing.
Before i try a factory reset, i want to know if this is a known problem and if there is a fix. I tried searching around in the forums, but all i could find are general connection problems.

Hope you guys have a solution for me.
Thanks!!

Nope, not that i know of. Because my sister always comes to me when there is an update or something, the last time it was updated was 2-3 months ago. My best guess at this point is that the bluetooth module is busted. I think i'm just going to do a factory reset and if that doesn't fix it, i'll just tell her to take it back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones