Galaxy S4 Video Tips SeriesTips

1. vgjfelix

vgjfelix Well-Known Member

Make sure you comment on the video page (it won't be counted here!).
  2. vgjfelix

What the hell are those pictures in your gallery? Let's find out and get rid of them!

gav183 likes this.
  3. vgjfelix

Did you know there's a second swipe down option from the top of the screen for complete settings? You do now :)

4. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

And remember that a long press of the button brings up the settings for the selected feature!
  5. vgjfelix

Tip number 2 my friend. Right at the top of the thread! :)
  6. beowulf7

beowulf7 Well-Known Member

What was tip #12? That seems to be missing from this thread. :confused:

Edit: This video
  7. vgjfelix

How to speed up the response of the home button

8. beowulf7

^ Thanks to that tip, I (re) enabled the double home tap for S Voice that I apparently/unknowingly disabled when I initially got my phone.
  9. vgjfelix

Some nice hidden gesture controls for the built in media player:

[Youtube]HV8wrY_GFfw[/Youtube]
  10. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

It will probably be a lot easier if you edit the original post and add all of the videos to that instead of creating new posts for them (then you can hit "report" on the other posts and request them to be deleted).

Also wrapping each video in the Hide tag will help the page load a lot faster.

Just a few tips to help clean up and beautify your awesome thread a bit. :)
  11. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Editing the original post won't send email notification of new posts/videos for those who are subscribed to this thread.
  12. summber

summber Well-Known Member

that is great. Thank you and yes, sometimes some things you want the volume up and now I can control that on the right side. Very very nice video. Thank you.
  13. Petrah

Then add a new post with "new video added to OP!" in there.

That's how I did the updates for a custom ROM thread I was overseeing. All updates were in the OP, and new posts were added stating something new was there.

A cleanly kept updated thread is much easier to read and keep track of what the updates are. :)
  14. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

There is also limitations by forum software on how many images/videos you can hotlink per post. So it's not as easy to keep them all in one post like you're saying as it is links & text. Personally, I'm fine with how he's doing it and am just thankful he is.
  15. Petrah

Oh you're not even the op.... thought I was replying to him.
  16. vgjfelix

Yeah, it's a bit of a conundrum on how to manage the thread but it's easiest for me to just post in the traditional. I would hope that if you like the videos you subscribe to the channel so you can get emailed new vids...

Anyway. Here's a quick power saving tip on your SGS4:

[Youtube]IY7ewops1Q8[/Youtube]
  17. vgjfelix

Here's how to check your phone without touching it :)

18. beowulf7

Good tip, but hand air gesture things don't work for me on my phone (VZW MDK). I recommend that you explain via video tip on how to enable and use multi window mode on the S4. I finally figured that out. :eek: Thanks.
  19. vgjfelix

Want to change the Galaxy S4 Lockscreen message? Here's how to do it:

[Youtube]LYTUZhHhS3U[/Youtube]
  20. speedlever

speedlever Well-Known Member

I never have seen a keyboard come up on my i337 as depicted in your video. But it could be that's because I've been running Nova Prime for so long I've forgotten if the stock launcher does or not. Is this exclusive to TW?
  21. beowulf7

Thanks, but this doesn't appear to work if you have a pattern lock. Maybe it does with the PIN lock. Or it could be my firmware (VZW MDK).
  22. vgjfelix

Maybe take the security off, change the screen message and then put it back on. I just put a pattern lock on and my message remained as my custom one.

Anyway, here's another video. The Samsung Galaxy S4 has a floating video option and here's how to use it:
    [Youtube]K4gmOR6csJU[/media]
    Don S and TheAtheistReverend like this.
  23. beowulf7

^ That's pretty neat, but too bad it only works with the stock Video player.
  24. vgjfelix

Another ten tips means a volume compilation:

electricpete and beowulf7 like this.
  25. pinkful

pinkful Member

I really learned a few things from your video tips. You have a nice clear voice too. Thank you thank you.

I have a question with my S4 & installing the flash player. I followed you explicitly, including permissions, and when I click on the apk app in my download folder, there it is, just like yours, but when I click on the Install
    button, nothing happens, no initiating notice, nothing. I have Boat & Dolphin installed, but of course, can't test them til I can see flash player installing.

Any suggestions please would be appreciated. USCellular 4.2.2:confused: