• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy tab wont post past boot screen

I have been using AOKP ICS for the past 3 months or so as before the tab 10.1 was pretty useless with the crashes etc.

2 days ago the tab froze on the home screen and since then it wont post.

Ive got back into clockwork mod and tried to format the data/factory reset and reinstall another rom but it freezes on formatting data for a while then eventually says error formating data partition and locks on that screen needing a hard reset to get back into cwm.

Ive also tried a reinstall of the AOKP version i was using which seems to complete fine but goes back to the boot loop logo and freezes completely.

The TAB also has the Newton rings but as i sent it in rooted (SInce they had no need to turn on the device and i put a sticker on saying you do not have my permission to turn on the device) they tried to charge me

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones