• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Watch vs Apple watch 4

1xsculler

Jul 21, 2010
I'm a total Samsung Note fan and I want to get back for their Note phone and Dex but I don't want to wear a hockey puck (Galaxy Watch) on my wrist. I basically don't like anything Apple except my Apple Watch 4. I don't care for my XsMax all that much but I'm stuck with it until Samsumg comes out with a watch with an acceptable form factor that works as well as my Apple Watch 4 does on Verizon. I don't care about any of the fitness stuff. I care only about the LTE to answer and send emails, texts and phone calls and the Apple watch does all of this very well in a nice compact package.

So if you leave your iPhone behind does the Apple Watch 4 still do what you want? I know the first couple of generations were essentially useless without an iPhone but haven't bothered keeping up with what the current ones need an iPhone for and what they can do without one. I'm sure it won't inter-operate with anything except an iPhone, just wondering whether you actually need that. You post implies you have the cellular model, though whether Verizon will let that work on a contract without an iPhone I don't know (not American, so VZW's T&C's aren't my field).

But as Mike says, apart from brand loyalty there's no reason why you need to use a Samsung watch with a Samsung phone: most smartwatches, apart from those from Apple, will be compatible with it. So the question is whether there is anything from anyone else that will do what you want?

(I say "the question", but realise your original post doesn't contain a question: it's just a set of statements ;)).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones