• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Game Lag Only?

amphoterik

Lurker
Sep 2, 2014
So, I got a G3 yesterday and am really enjoying it so far. My main problem is that I am getting a lot of lag, but only when playing games.

Most people are talking about menu and home screen lag. I have none of that. Instead, I am getting a lot of touch lag when playing games like Star Command or Clash of Clans. Note that the gameplay itself isn't laggy, but there is a ~.3 second delay between my finger press and the register.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts? Its brand new and I haven't installed much. My S3 played those games just fine. Not sure what to do about it. This is fairly important for me to fix since I make and test games for a living. I don't want to switch to the M8, but I'm considering it.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones