1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

gameboid

Last Updated:

1. ipod23945

ipod23945 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I downloaded like 5 BIOS files and pu them in a separate folder. I still can't specify it help

Advertisement
  2. bais

bais Member

You should check the file name.
    The file must end by .bin, if it doesn't, in folder options uncheck "hide extensions for known..." then rename the whole file by gba_bios.bin.

kalas1973 likes this.
  3. ipod23945

It still did not work, when i open the gameboid it says: You MUST specify the bios file in the setting before you can play any games! and then i click on a spot it the settings that says BIOS file and then i click on the gba file and then go to mabilo then it says no appropriate files in this folder and if it helps at the top it says select ROM

4. ipod23945

And how and where do i uncheck it?

5. kalas1973

kalas1973 Member

Get a new bios file, then. Go to 4shared.com, they have one that works, but you will have to register. It is free though. Then, press the options button on you phone, press the "settings" button that shows up on the right of the pop up menu. At the top of that screen should be the bios file you specified. Select that, and it will have you go back through your folders and reselect a bios file.

6. ipod23945

I downloaded it an when i click on it, it windows does not know how to open this file. Anything i can do?

7. ipod23945

It finally showed up after i downloaded it off of the website thanks but when i click on it, it sys its not the appropriate type of file still

8. ipod23945

Got it thanks guys

9. kalas1973

kalas1973 Member

don't worry about windows. ust drag and drop it into your phone. if it's titled "GBA bios.bin" then it should work. it's just a vlc playable file...

10. osilvers

osilvers New Member

Hi. I just got the Samsung Fascinate. This is my first smartphone, so i've never downloaded apps. Anyway, I downloaded a gba_bios.bin file and I created the subfolder "gameboids" inside the "game" folder and moved all the roms I downloaded to the gameboid folder. Now here's what happens

1) I open the gameboid app
    2) it asks me to select a ROM and it presents a list of all my roms
    /sdcard/games/gameboides 3) I select gba_bios.bin
    4) the screen transitions to show a gameboy controller with buttons to click on (they vibrate)
    5)This is where I get lost. I have no idea what to do afterward. I did everything but actually load the ROM.

Can you help me?

THANKS!!!

11. alanlopez

alanlopez New Member

GameBoid for the Android emulator has been Yongzh, who are all the other Nintendo and Sega in the Android market simulator, including the development of SNesoid and Gensoid developers. The application is designed to replicate the different Game Boy Advanced and all other simulators designed by the developer to provide image quality, without question, will not fault the sound at each interval.

12. Therev29

Therev29 Well-Known Member

When you open the app, go into settings, at the top it will have "GBA Bios File"
    when you select this it will prompt you to find the bios file you downloaded, select it as you did when it asked you to select a rom.

After you have done this it will bring you back to the settings, hit back, then select a rom, then enjoy!

13. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Anybody tried and finished Zelda: the minish cap? Does it crash in the final dungeon in the room with tornadoes?

14. warptechno

warptechno New Member

I certainly did on my desire. How infuriating. Been playing this foe around a month aswell. :mad: