Games controllers that are compatible with the n7General

1. animal47

animal47 Well-Known Member

Finally got my otg cable and am trying to pick up a cheap controller to use for gaming, I know the wired xbox ones work ok but are there any other usb controllers that are cheap to buy used that would also work.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

The Sixaxis Playstation controllers also work for some games. If you're rooted, they'll work for pretty much everything using the Sixaxis app.
  3. animal47

Nope not rooted, never really been into that as so far it has done everything that I want it to in it's stock form.
  4. ndoren

ndoren Well-Known Member Contributor

Here is a controller discussion directly from Nvidia's Tegra-Zone website. It discusses controllers and has a link to the Tegra-3 games that are compatible with the controllers. Hope this serves as a good starting point. Neall

Game Controller Support
    sntaylor likes this.
  5. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

I'm using my logitech rumblepad 2
  6. animal47

I have now ordered a cheap xbox controller so just waiting for it to turn up.
  7. animal47

Has anyone ever managed to get an old xbox controller to work. I bought the wrong type so followed some instructions to change the plug to usb and although it works fine for navigating the home screens it does not work properly when gaming.
  8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Depends entirely on the game. Some games, like Grand Theft Auto, fully support the 360 controller with no added difficulty. Other controllers....I don't know.

And sometimes, you need a app like USB/BT Joystick Center which will "emulate" a keyboard and set certain keys to buttons on the keyboard.