• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Games crashing/Wont launch

DStruct1

Jun 13, 2011
Ive tried playing a few games on my Desire HD now and they crash during loading

Fifa 11, Need for Speed Shift and now Fast Five HD

Fast Five HD tries to load up, the GAMELOFT intro plays fine, then the Universal intro plays but then after that the game just disappear and then im back to my homescreens. Had similar problems with the other mentioned games.

Is this a common issue, any work around?

Thank you

Not sure, gingerbread should be up to date its automatic as for the games I dont really know, they were just little files and I had to download additional content which successfully complete, they just wont open. Some work fine but a couple just keep closing down and sending me back to the homescreen of my phone

Upvote 0
Not sure, gingerbread should be up to date its automatic as for the games I dont really know, they were just little files and I had to download additional content which successfully complete, they just wont open. Some work fine but a couple just keep closing down and sending me back to the homescreen of my phone

What El P means is, did you update to Gingerbread from Froyo? Gingerbread, being a new release of android, has brought about a few issues for some people.

For the games - have you been on the market to check that they are the most up to date versions? Go to the market and hit menu - from here select "my apps", which will then take you to a list of apps you've downloaded. Any that have updates will have "update" beside them, rather than "installed" - if any of the games causing you issues have update next to them, the update may fix the issues you are having! :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
All the gamesloft games work fine, its been two EA
They dont work, the Gamesloft ones do

Sorry, from the below text in your first post, I got the gameloft games didn't work....

Fast Five HD tries to load up, the GAMELOFT intro plays fine, then the Universal intro plays but then after that the game just disappear and then im back to my homescreens.

Upvote 0
All the gamesloft games work fine, its been two EA games (NFS SHift and Fifa 11) and another one not sure who made it though, Fast Five HD

They dont work, the Gamesloft ones do

Maybe they are nothing more than bad files then, I duno

Have you tried re-downloading ones that don't work? Either that or try contacting the devs for the games - they may be able to work on it or advise how to sort the issues?!?! :thinking:

Upvote 0
it seems to me that updates are the problem... every time theres an update, UPDATE. because i know that when i get updates, i look into which ones, then i close out of the screen.. after which, the games that need updating sometimes just corrupt massively to the point that i can get nothing more than "force close" and sometiimes even their icon changes to the default android icon it gets so corrupted..

hope this works for you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones