• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gaming consoles VS Smartphones

FupaDroid

Dec 4, 2009
anyone know where we stand here? i know a little bit about computers but not much to compare, say the iphone computing power vs a nintendo 64 or playstation one. I see iphone with games that look as good as playstation one or 64(check out hero of sparta), but i am wondering where smartphones are in general. im most concerned with the bigger phones coming out with 1 gig processors like the xperia x10. anyone know how far we can push these things as far as things like gaming and media? i would expect the the xperia x10 would be able to do playstation 1 because its more powerful than the iphone, but anyone think we could push it to ps2 style games? or computer games like starcraft? just an interesting thought i had. it would be fun to be able to play the 64 game super smash bro's on a phone...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones