GAOSP 2.2 Froyo on the BH2

Last Updated:

1. yahma

yahma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What specifically is preventing the use of Froyo from GAOSP (Galaxy 2.2) on the Behold II?

I know BH_MAN was able to port the 1.6 Galaxy ROM to the BH2.. I think he even used the 2.6.29 kernel (same as in GAOSP).

Advertisement
  2. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

Version "2.6.29" only means that the kernel build was based off of the Linux Kernel 2.6.29 source code branch. The source code is then modified and drivers added to specifically handle each device. Android also requries extra features/extensions for its versions (1.6 vs 2.1 vs 2.2).

The kernel we are using for 1.6 may be based off of the same Linux branch as Froyo on the Galaxy, but it is missing those extensions used by later Android versions.

Similary, the kernel on the Galaxy is missing the drivers we need on the BH2.

Without source code its very difficult to go this route.

3. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

On Some forums people were looking at taking drivers from the BH2 from India, and some of the galaxy builds and figuring out which ones work and which ones dont and try to build one that way but I believe that died

4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

The same exact things that are preventing the 2.1 GAOSP (which is what bhman's 2.1 rom-in-progress is based on) from working. Drivers mostly.