• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gaosp or EFJB2?

KhaaL

Oct 15, 2009
I need some advice, or a nudge in the right direction. I have atm XII5 firmware and i'm extremly unhappy with the galaxy (its slow, sluggish, needs to reboot occationally etc) and instead of smashing it into a wall i feel like giving a shot at a new firmware (a firmware also include an update to the android system aswell, right?).

The choice lies between XEFJ2 and latest GAOSP. And as i understand, XEFJ2 is based on android 1.6 and GAOSP is based on 2.1. The only thing i care about is the phone becoming faster responding, have wifi working and have access to the free marked, which gaosp seems to be capable of delivering. Should i give the latest gaosp a test and if i do, is it hard flashing the phone to gaosp (just using odin is enough or will i need to wipe it first?).

I downloaded donut a week ago and apart from having a fit due to no 3G, and then eventually finding out how to add APN for my telco, I've found 1.6 to be fast, stable and exactly what I was looking for. Now that I've added lot's of apps to customize it to my way of working, it's perfect for me. The only thing is keeping your eye on the apps working as they can really chew up the battery.

Upvote 0
I made some research on gasop and as i understand week8 is not working and the battery time is bad(or worse?) than usual. and i think the battery life is already terrible as it is, so i see no reason to make it worse...

Mustymod caught my eye since it runs on 2.1 and through odin which i'm a little familiar with. But it seems that no matter custom rom (musty, galaxo, gasop etc) the market won't work fully?? why is that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones