• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Garmin Asus A10

russkris

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
I had a problem of low space, it didn't matter what I did.

So I did a Master clear, That worked.

Except when I started updating the phone, everything was fine until the phone did it's restart and now it wont go past the Garmin Asus logo. I left it overnight thinking it was still updating.

Edit: I have tried the
Pull Battery and wait 10 sec's.
Put battery and cover back on
Hold down vol up and vol down together and then hold down power button (all 3 together)
Wait for 'wipe userdata' to appear top left of screen
Release all buttons
But it just hangs at the logo.

Any ideas?

Tried

.Have you tried it with the SIM card and Micro SD card removed. 2. Keep on logo screen and attach to computer and wait about 10 minutes and drives should come up on computer. If they do then delete anything that could cause corruption including garmindevice.xml.
3. Take Micro SD card out and reformat then put on a Garmin folder and inside it a update folder and the following force update firmware
http://db.tt/lmNAroc
then with phone still on the logo screen insert sd card and put cover on and see if it updates. If not pull battery wait 30 secs then turn on and see if it updates.

Didnt work.

Upvote 0
After a stupidly long convo with OPTUS, they will not cover it under the 24 month garmin warranty. But if I purchased the phone 2 months later they would have. Thank for the salt in the bricked A10 wound...
So I rang Garmin back and explained everything. Strangely they know all about Optus and the warranty 12 Vs 24.
So to cut a story short.
I have the return form, will post it back to Garmin and they will send me a new one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones