• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gel Case Review - 3 out of 5 stars

tebcrot

Lurker
Jul 2, 2010
I recently brought SAMSUNG i9000 GALAXY S GEL CASE - BLACK PART OF THE: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo for my Galaxy S. I have always had covers on my phones for protection and grip.

I give the product 5 stars. It fits the phone well, has a lovely texture and looks to offer great protection.

But my review is only 3 stars because I don't think it's right for the phone. It really adds bulk to the phone, makes the phone feel twice as heavy as it is. It feels about the same weight as an iPhone 4 now.

Reviews of the phone criticize the plastic build but this results in a very light phone. This case (and I suspect all these gel cases) really makes you aware of it in your pocket and I'm not sure if that's a good thing.

I'm going to keep it on for a week, perhaps I'll get used to it - or will drop the phone and be thankful of it.

Anyone else had this style of cover?

ps - it's now out of stock on Amazon but the supplier has just had some in, so it should reappear soon.

And as if by magic it was waiting for me when I got home this evening. I see what you mean about the bulkiness, but I quite like it. In my hand it feels just about right - it's a comfortable grip and thankfully means I won't be dropping the phone anymore.

I prefer this sort of thing to the book-type or pouch cases. With a decent screen protector this could be just what I need.

Upvote 0
I had to wait a couple of weeks. Apparently the first stock was defective and had to be sent back but he didn't inform the buyers.
If you send him a mail, he should send you one from the latest batch.

I had the same prob must have been the same seller, took a couple of e mails to get it delivered, but great fit and much more conveinient than the pouch case I was using

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones