• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gesture authentication gateway

jaborandi

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
Hi!

App allows to log in with discrete gesture to apps and web-sites that accept traditional text passwords.

I need volunteers to try it out, so that I could get data (gestures that people choose) for research - to anayse method potential problems and concept soundness.

If you would like to try this app and same time ok to install study version that requires Internet access permission (to send to me data about app usage) - please check it out.

Traffic usage is minimal (app sends 1-2 Kb of data for every gesture, depending on its complexity, but guess you will know better from your traffic monitoring apps).

Instructions / how-to are here:

http://jo.jaborandi.org.ru

apk is here: http://jo.jaborandi.org.ru/download

Couple of known problems described are on Known Problems page

App was tried on few devices only yet, so it's not impossible you'll encounter new problem - would be great if you report it - there's anonymouse Contact form on site.

Just play with method in "Practice", or try it with accounts (not your mobile baking of course :) ). You can create test account on my site (no email required), if you don't want to use it with your personal ones.

When you fed up with the app, please visit Post-participation form page on site and fill form (12 questions + optional free-form feedback). To access this form you will need to enter "Feedback code" (it is displayed in app's main menu).

App itself has help page, but it is not up to date. Site is - please read help there. (Please check at least beginning of text on homepage to figure out what is difference between discrete and any arbitrary gesture you like (to avoid confusion when starting to use it :)

!!!Please don't use this app for tasks of critical security!!!

If you have any questions - let me know

p.s. Of course app sends only data about use of itself, nothing else, and encrypted, and I'm not a hacker etc. Anyway if you volunturely test android apps I guess you know better than me to keep no sensitive data on your sdcard when you install app from the wild, which require Internet access permission.

p.p.s. I tried to optimize info-site for mobile, it should look ok in stock browser and in Dolphin, but I couldn't make it look good in Opera Mobile yet. Sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance if you decided to help!

Regards

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones