• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Get wallpaper out of a theme?

mjschmidt

Android Expert
Jun 27, 2009
In my house.
Is there a way to get the wallpaper out of a theme? Some of the themes have great wallpaper, but I don't care for the icons.

I've looked on both my SD card, and through the folders on the internal memory, but can't find the appropriate files.

Obviously if any of these wallpapers are originals created by the dev who made the theme I don't expect to be able to get them out, I respect that copyright, but would like to know options either for getting those wallpapers legitimately, or if they are not copyright, to pull them out.

As far as I know, the only way to extract files out of a theme (or other app for that matter) is to actually get the .apk file. If you can get your hands on it, then simply uncompress the .apk file using Astro file manager on your phone. You'll be able to navigate through the files in the .apk, and somewhere in there is the picture you're looking for!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones