• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help getting a replacement evo

hellcatt

Jun 22, 2010
i have a replacement on the way. my current phone was just rooted, stock 2.2 with some bloatware deleted and that was it. it was fine for a few days until yesterday when i could no longer send/receive any mms or receive phone calls. i was able to make calls and send/receive texts and everything else worked fine. so i restored my back up and unrooted and no luck. was on with tech support for 2 hours and they decided to send me a replacement.

so............
odds are in favor of a refurb over new correct?

what specific things should i look for hardware wise?

my current evo has been flawless and i saw none of any issues that have been mentioned...light leakage, un even screen placement, whatever the grounding problem was.

id rather have mine fixed but whatever i just want a properly built one (i had 6 BB9630s in a year)

I got a replacement. It was a refurb. HW 003, 2.2, novatech screen. It did look completely new, including the clear plastic tape stuff on the screen. The box it came in was just big enough for the phone. I had to put my sdcard and battery in the replacement. So unfortunately, no freebies. I'm happy with it though. Don't be scared by the refurb horror stories that you may read. Just check it out thoroughly when you un-box it. Make sure there are no scratches, screen defects, or anything else that you think could be wrong with it. You may have a better shot claiming the refurb is jacked immediately after receiving it, rather than a week or two later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones