• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

weddle

Android Enthusiast
Mar 23, 2011
PA
Hey guys, I've never posted in this particular area before but i'm buying this tablet tomorrow and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some "new owner tips"? Like what are some if the first things I should do/download after I get this bad boy? Any input/help is appreciated and i'm sure I'll become at least a semi regular in here lol

TIA!!!

It is a nice tab. If you want to root it then don't do the system update for 3.2, right now there is no way to root 3.2.

I want to eventually root, but I've never owned a tablet and I want to experience it stock for a little while. So don't update. Got it. Aside from that, is there anything significant I'd be missing from not updating to 3.2?

Upvote 0
I want to eventually root, but I've never owned a tablet and I want to experience it stock for a little while. So don't update. Got it. Aside from that, is there anything significant I'd be missing from not updating to 3.2?

Not sure what yours will have running out of the box (3.01 or 3.1) but from what I have read

Stock unrooted 3.1 can't read nfts harddrive format and 3.2 can.

Also I think there was a glitch for netflix on 3.1 but that may have been corrected by the release of the official netflix app in the market.

Oh and with 3.1 when you connect to a computer you can see the internal sd drive but not any external sd card with 3.2 people have reported being able to see this drive on a pc now.

These weren't huge things to me so I didn't bother updating. I'm on stock rooted 3.1

Oh and there seems to be some weird bug with the music player on 3.2 where it freezes up when the screen is locked/put to sleep.

So other than that i haven't read about any drastic differences between 3.1 & 3.2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones