• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting market apps from 'downloads' to device

susan*w

Lurker
Aug 1, 2010
I'm new to this, so hopefully someone can help... :)

I've got an HTC Desire & downloaded a few apps/widgets from the market today. They seem to have downloaded ok and I can see them sitting in the 'downloads' tab of the market...but how do I actually get them from here onto my device to use them?

(Things I've tried...clicking on them in 'downloads' just shows more info on them and clicking install just re-downloads them, longholding just brings up info about them, I can't find a 'downloads' folder on my mobile, they aren't appearing with the other widgets or programs, adding the market on my mobile just links me back to the market homepage...i cant see anything in the user manual or learn more sections that is of help on this - they both say to go to all programs and my downloads but I don't have a my downloads just downloads section in the market which doesn't seem to move them to my device?).

Can anyone help :thinking: I'm baffled(!) Thanks.

thanks...

ok, so I downloaded countdown widget, find a starbucks, and miniinfo. I can see them sitting in the 'downloads' section of the market...how do I get them from here to my homescreen for example....i can't see anyway to select or add them? I'm not clear where they have downloaded to?

thanks for your help...

Upvote 0
For countdown widget:

From the homescreen of your device, find a blank space and long press. It should bring up a list of things: one of them being widgets. Countdown widget should be in there.

For find a starbucks and miniinfo:

from the homescreen, open up your app tray. Everything installed to the phone is listed alphabetically. You should find it in there. To put it on your homescreen, long press the app and drag it to where you want to place it.

Upvote 0
thanks...

ok, so I downloaded countdown widget, find a starbucks, and miniinfo. I can see them sitting in the 'downloads' section of the market...how do I get them from here to my homescreen for example....i can't see anyway to select or add them? I'm not clear where they have downloaded to?

thanks for your help...

To add a widget, press and hold the screen and when a menu of options shows up, choose to add Widgets and choose MiniInfo. It will show up on your screen.

The same with Countdown widget.

Upvote 0
For countdown widget:

From the homescreen of your device, find a blank space and long press. It should bring up a list of things: one of them being widgets. Countdown widget should be in there.

For find a starbucks and miniinfo:

from the homescreen, open up your app tray. Everything installed to the phone is listed alphabetically. You should find it in there. To put it on your homescreen, long press the app and drag it to where you want to place it.

Thanks...

Tried long pressing a blank space and got the menu - selected widgets...but they're not listed there? (only stuff there is the original HTC ones that come with the phone).

For the other ones I'm not sure what 'app tray' is - I don't have anything called that? Although under Settings > Applications > Manage Applications I found what looks like the same thing - an aphabetical list of everything installed but they're not there either.

:( Hmm...I'm guessing then the reason I can't find them is cos they're not there / haven't downloaded properly...yet they are sitting in downloads section saying they have downloaded so not sure wht else to try?

Thanks for your help...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones