Getting pictures by textSupport

1. AdamdangA

AdamdangA Active Member

Whenever pictures are sent to me my phone reads them as videos. Is there a way I can fix this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. jslanger

jslanger Well-Known Member

Its been noted before on here....
    I got a couple pictures as "videos" too. But if you press on it, and save, it will save as a jpg. Dunno why the phone presents it as if it were a video though. Some quirk of Samsungs or Android (not sure which).
  3. AdamdangA

AdamdangA Active Member

I also downloaded Chomp SMS which seems to receive them correctly
  4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Standard android message apps view pictures as if its a video. Try different messenger apps from the market.
  5. answer1o1

answer1o1 Member

I've tried about 3 different texting apps they all do this. And if someone sends me 2 or more pics it turns them into a slideshow, and you can't skip to the next pic you have to wait like 8 seconds in between. This is a big draw back... They better have an update to fix the issue soon. Having MMS problems is pretty embarrassing in 2011..
  6. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

appears as pictures to me...
  7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

They appears as pictures but play like a video. In otherwards you have to wait for so many seconds before being able to see the other one.
  8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Att/android reads it as a "multi media message"

As mentioned...long press and save or look into alternative messaging apps like handcent or chomp