• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting rid of Google Voice.

mPbLlama

Lurker
Oct 13, 2011
Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section.

I currently have a Nexus S 4G on Sprint. I have my Sprint number integrated with GV, and everything was working fine until the past few weeks. Texts often times do not send for hours, and I don't receive texts for upwards of days even while connected to WiFi/4G. This is obviously a huge problem, and my phone is almost unusable in its current state for texting.

What I want to know is if there is any way to get rid of Google Voice. I have searched for hours in forums, and on google, but every method I have found does not help me. Please, is there any way to fix this!? I want to be able to text!

Can't you just uninstall the app.and stop using the service? Go nonlinear and remove your number.
Btw, I had the problem with queued texts a couple of weeks ago. I uninstalled/reinstalled the voice app, and the problem went away

I went into "My Apps" and it doesn't show up in the list (it came with my phone).

I really don't want to have to factory reset/root my phone.

Upvote 0
That always disabled it for me. It's obviously pulling the info from somewhere. If you have the app installed on your device (I don't), delete your info there. If you have third-party apps that use GV, disable them as well. If you still can't figure it out, just get a new gmail account and reassociate all of your apps (except Google Voice) with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones