• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Getting values from one Activity to the next.

I've been working on my first Android app for a little while, and I pretty much have the user interface done. I've been very happy with my progress so far, but recently I ran into my first real problem.

I need to get these values:
Percent-Works-180x300.png

and use them on the home screen part:
Pay-Saver-pre-pre-pre-anything.png

I'd like to be able to save the name and percent and create a new entry on a table below the buttons that will display the name and the percent. After that, I want to be able to take input from here:
New-Paycheck-With-Keyboard.png

And divide it amongst the categories.

Any help is much appreciated, I'm of course not looking for someone to completely do the work for me, just lend me a helping hand.

p.s. Sorry the pictures are big, didn't take the time to worry about resizing or anything like that.

p.p.s. Remember that this is my first app, and I really haven't done much programming in my life before, so please explain everything like I'm a beginner.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones