1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Gift Registry or Wish List?

Last Updated:

1. Poloki

Poloki Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Is there an app that uses the camera or barcode scanner to upload items to a "wish List" or "Gift Registry"?

My wife and I are expecting, and we were walking through the baby store. I wanted to be able to take a picture of the item/barcode and upload the item to Amazon wish list for example, so we can later publish it or use that list to create other lists for our friends and family to see.

All the apps I found just look for physical and internet stores and shows their prices for the particular item.

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

wow ........ just yesterday I was sitting thinking through the mechanics of writing an app just for this purpose...... then thought nobody would really be interested....... might rethink it

to answer your question ....... no theres not currently an app for this that Im aware of

3. Poloki

Poloki Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Glad we're on the same wavelength. Let me know if you can create this!

Thanks!

4. jpsykes

jpsykes Member

that would be a cool app to have - expecially if you could share the list.

Ex: use it to make a gift list for items the wife and kids could get me for birthday, Chrismas, etc.

ShopSavvy will let you scan barcodes into a list on your phone but you can't share it or take a picture (at least I don't think you can)

5. jooliohoolio

jooliohoolio Member

yes great idea, i'mn looking for this - which is why i'm on this page as i googled this even though i'm a member here already. When making android apps how hard is it to make a decent desktop version to integrate?

6. BerryWing

BerryWing New Member

Hey Guys, it is done. I just uploaded my Gift Registry app called I Wish I Had.

It uses the barcode scanner to look up products. Then once you tap the item & confirm, it will post to Facebook. This way all your friends and family (I don't know about you, but my Mom is FB) and they will see what you want. Making holidays and birthdays just a tad better.

Let me know what you think.