• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread/Cha-cha email notification problem!

jmurt

Lurker
Oct 6, 2011
Hi all, first post :-*,

despite having email notification set and auto send/receive checked, I cannot get this phone to notify/download new emails without firdt having to open the inbox!

Also, it won't let me add my gmail account to the (android?) mail app, insisting my account details are incorrect? This isn't the main problem as my primary (pop3) account is setup and works fine, except for the lack of auto download and subsequent notification! Even If an email is downloaded but not opened, the mail app still doesn't show unread mail!

My desire running 2.2 does all this without any problem, but the Cha-cha/2.3 combo just won't do it!

Please advise..:-(

Jason

Bump

Anyone... please?
:$

ive had some probs with priority inbox and stuff but that was giving me two mail notifications for each emali received - also had problkems trying to get silent notifications.

The only time ive stopped receiving email is when my internal storage got to low (below 15mb) - solved this with a master reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones