• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail app and attachments

magnum003

Feb 12, 2010
So, the gmail app on the DINC does not support video and pic sharing? Am I missing something here. When you take a vid and go to share, gmail comes up as one of your options. If you proceed down this route, you don't get an error, but the vid never gets attached and delivered. The only way to do this is through the HTC Mail app.

On this same note, another gripe I have is why Android lists the sharing options if you can't actually use them to share. You can't share a video over Handcent/Messaging Apps...so why show them as options for sharing? You can't upload to facebook directly, so why list them as an option. Seems like a glaring issue that will confuse newbies (my wife) and may ultimately affect their adoption of the platform. I'm all for the customization and openness of Android, but they need to work out these little quirks if they want to capture any respectable market share.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones