• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail Contact Auto Sync Issue

darthkir

Oct 3, 2010
I have nicely sync-ed my outlook 2010 contacts to my galaxy by using kies. Later, i plan to get companionlink to help me to sync my outlook with my phone and google.

When i go to my contact setting in gmail, because of that my outlook contacts are only in my phone and not yet sync-ed to gmail, listed under "My Contacts" are nothing. This is to be expected.

Later on, when i sent some emails to random emails which are not in my gmail contacts, these emails will be listed automatically by gmail under "Most Contacted" and "Other Contacts". What happen then is that these new contacts will be synced by gmail automatically to my phone, and I dont want this to happen as these are temporary contacts. I dont want these to be stored not in gmail or my phone.

I cant find a way to prevent gmail to automatically synced these temporary contacts to my phone. Is there a solution?

Please advise.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones